How do you define more serious clients?
Yes, indeed those are clients in the music business who are ready and able to make the financial commitment (investment) for one-on-one consulting so that we may help them achieve their goals and realize their potential. The gentleman said that sounds good, I guess I will talk to you later and hung up the phone.
There are a few music business lessons to be learned from this experience.
- Unless you know the person knows you for sure, don't assume they do.
- It's a great idea to always state your name and how you met the person you're calling.
- Always have a particular reason why you are calling a business contact.
- The music business may be 24/7 for some and not for others, keep this in mind when calling during non-business days and hours.
- The Truth is that the music business is built on relationships and building those relationships is often built on the perceived and actual value you bring to others.
- Be patient as we are all at different points in the music business.
With that in mind I've made it a point when I'm contacting someone to always state my name, how and where we met and the conversation we may have had. This increases the likelihood that the person will remember me. Most importantly it does not make the other person feel uncomfortable speaking to someone they do not remember.
Music BusinessVideos by JaWar
JaWar is a Motivational Speaker, Author & Business Consultant. He speaks and consults on personal achievement, Internet marketing, monetizing (making money online) your Internet presence, SEO (search engine optimization), book publishing and the music business.
He has authored and published over 20+ paperback, audio and ebooks including the Music Industry Connection Book Series, while maintaining over 60+ websites, blogs and social networking profiles. He has spoken and appeared in over 50+ conferences, seminars, workshops, radio shows and publications. JaWar believes you may will your destiny into existence when you THINK, PLAN, EXECUTE!
Schedule JaWar as a Featured Motivational Speaker and a Business Consultant 678-887-4656 or 800-963-0949.