Music Business Networking

After a number of strange events yesterday I decided to postpone my trip to South Carolina and stay in Atlanta in an effort to attend the Soul Music Summit (Conference).

I wanted to see who I could meet and distribute a few flyer's as well. Some of my flyer's included details about a number of music business sites and blogs, myfve.com and the Music Industry Connection Book Series. Pleasantly several people began to inquire about the Music Industry Connection Books. I found myself quickly running to the car to service new clients with my music business books.

Stephen Strother, CEO, Armusic1 was kind enough to introduce me to two gentleman who had a music business service that revealed the secret formula to hit records.

I ran into Kipper Jones who has written a number of hit songs. Kipper introduced me to Damond who runs a venue in Dallas, TX. Damond and Kipper supported my efforts by getting copies of the Music Industry Connection Books. We all hung around the hotel lobby for about an hour or so talking about the music business, soul music, hip hop, life and how to make money online.

A young many was looking at the registration table for the Soul Music Summit. He was asking what was the summit (conference) about, who was attending and that sort of thing. After talking for a moment I found the young man was from South Carolina and was visiting Atlanta with his family. He went to get his media kit. The media kit was more impressive than most of what I normally get at music conferences. Also impressive was that although the young man was vacationing with his family that he had his media kit with him, was asking plenty of questions about the music business and had a good spirit about himself. I was compelled to give the young recording artist a copy of one of the Music Industry Connection Books.

Although I had not intended on doing any power-networking, I'm glad I did. The moral to the story is you never know who you're going to meet and how they may impact your life. Always have promotional material with you. You will not get a second chance to make a first impression.