Music Business Contracts

A young lady who previously bought a copy of the Atlanta Music Industry Connection Book contacted me in hopes I'd have a solution or answer to her questions. She said she had read the Music Industry Connection Book and that she needed more information on how she could get her songs to the right people.

She had a plan to accomplish her goal. After listening to the young lady, I asked her how much money was she willing to invest for music business consulting and music marketing services? She asked me how much did I charge? My response was while I'd like to tell you, if I told you the price you may hang up the phone and never call again. I can tell she was reluctant to give me a price. I suggested by giving me a price I may be able to create a plan that could help her accomplish the goal by customizing a package that was best suite for her budget. I explained to her that some clients may only be able to afford $50/month while others may be able to afford $15,000/month.

She said, oh, I can pay you $50/hour a month for music business consulting. I told her that I wouldn't be able to consult her for $50/hour a month, but we may be able to create something that could help her accomplish her goals of getting her songs/lyrics to people that could boost her music career. Unfortunately, the young lady had her mind set on me providing her music business consulting services for $50/hour a month.

I'm doubtful I'll be able to assist her, not because of the relatively small amount of money ($50) per month, but because there seems to be a lack of communication either on my part, her part or both. If we lack excellent communication now it will only get worse later. Unfortunately, this is the recipe for disaster. If the young lady contracts Music Industry Connection for music business consulting and music marketing services and doesn't follow the advice she paid for, she will only blame my firm and I for not achieving her goals and realizing her potential.

Word to the wise: Always maintain excellent communication. Get all of your music business dealings in writing it make life easier and keeps everyone honest.