Your Music Business Book Inspired Me

The following is a testimony from Tha Sticman, who bought my first book sold in Alabama a number of years ago.

…A couple years back Ali Shabazz [Bama Hip Hop] was having a music industry event in Anniston, AL and my crew and I came down, I bought one of your books, the Atlanta Music Industry Connection. You autographed it "To My Man CJ Tha Sticman, My First Book Sold in Alabama."

Later on I bumped into you a few more times and I got the updated version and the Los Angeles Music Industry Connection. I got that one from you last year at the Ozone Music Conference. I said next time I see you I’m going to have something to tell you bro. I didn’t get to really chop it up with you when you came to the Come Claim The Mic Music Conference in Birmingham.

…I was reading in the L.A.M.I.C. Edition of your book series about the mp3s, how artists can grow and get paper from digital sales. …Basically [I] took that and applied it to what I do as a dj and I use it to break records. This is partially what caused the revival of the paid in full mix show. As you saw on the site it was originally done on college radio and grew rapidly but was shut down due to micro-management by the university and their staff.

What we did was found an avenue where we could upload mix shows and get them to people that use their mp3 players (computers, i-pods, zunes, zen, etc.) there are millions of these things around the world! On the site anyone can download and subscribe to the show, it doesn’t cost anything and a new show drops every week. This also created a new avenue for artists that are looking for new a way to get their records broken, however in return I ask them to sponsor the show and come and do a live interview or co-host the episode their record gets first exposure on.

The show was picked up by WGFX Goodfellas Radio. When they picked up the show and was playing it, we didn’t know. Chris just came to me and was like dawg your mix show is off the chain! Now I know one thing you are definitely concerned about is money, because you kept [talking] to everyone at the Come Claim the MIC Music Conference about getting paid.

The Mix shows are FREE. The Calls about come Dj at this party or come Dj at this concert will cost you and yeah the mix tape sales have increased. Hard Copies of the paid in full mix show also cost. So it’s not all work and no funding. It really balances out good so there’s no out of pocket expense on me or my partners. More than money I want the Honor and Respect, because if I have that, the money will come.

[JaWar], I just wanted to tell you thanks for the [Music Industry Connection] Books, even though the idea didn’t come from the book and it may have already been done by someone else before me. Your book inspired me to set a new goal and strive for it! Such a small price to pay for inspiration... Thanks man. I will see you around. Make sure you subscribe to the show.

If you know anyone that wants to get their records broke tell them to shoot me an email and their song to: paidinfullmixshow@gmail.com

We average about 250 downloads a week worldwide in Japan, Germany, Turkey, Mexico, Canada , Romania and all over the Continental U.S. Plus, Goodfellas Radio, broadcasts to another 45 countries . That’s just to show how much the mixshow has grown from
January 1st 2008 till now.

Gimme a Holla Bro!
Tha Sticman

http://paidinfullmixshow.podomatic.com